Electrical and electronics engineers are responsible for designing and building electronics for spacecraft, aircraft or helicopters. They improve systems for airspace management, surveillance, satellite communication and navigation. As well, they may investigate and implement the use of alternative energy sources within the aerospace and defense industry.
Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick
Professional Engineer Certification
What you do
An Electrical and Electronics Engineer performs some or all of the following duties:
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of electrical networks, machinery and electronic communications, instrumentation and control systems
- Design specifications for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipmen
- Investigate electrical or electronic failures
What you need
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- A keen interest in the design and operation of electrical systems and equipment
- Ability to think in an analytical and logical manner
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with others
- Strong computer skills
Who's hiring in Atlantic Canada?
The Junior Software Developer will work closely with a highly skilled team to work on challenging projects and deliverables, including developing C++ software for Microsoft Windows.
Your Career Pathway
Post-Secondary Educational Programs
Certification attests that the holder has met provincial requirements for the occupation. Certification is required to practice this profession.