Industrial and manufacturing engineers conduct studies and develop and supervise programs to achieve the best use of equipment, human resources, technology, materials and procedures to enhance efficiency and productivity.
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick
Professional Engineer Certificate
What you do
An Industrial and Manufacturing Engineer performs some or all of the following duties:
- Plan and design plant layouts and facilities
- Study new machinery and facilities and recommend or select efficient combinations
- Conduct studies and implement programs to determine optimum inventory levels for production and to allow optimum utilization of machinery, materials and resources
- Analyze costs of production
What you need
- Keen interest in organizing, managing, and integrating automation in the workplace
- Ability to think analytically and logically
- Ability to communicate and work well with others, as engineers often work in teams;
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong math skills
Who's hiring in Atlantic Canada?
Your Career Pathway
Post-Secondary Educational Programs
Certification attests that the holder has met provincial requirements for the occupation. Certification is required to practice this profession.