Information Technology (IT) Managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations that administer software, networks and information systems. They analyze requirements and develop new computerized information and data processing systems.
Newfoundland & Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick
What you do
An Information Technology (IT) Manager performs some or all of the following duties:
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems development and operations
- Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training
What you need
- A natural interest in and aptitude for computers and computer science
- Ability to work with high amounts of focus and patience
- Strong leadership qualities and an ability to motivate others
- Excellent organizational, problem- solving, planning, and decision-making skills
- Strong sense of confidence and initiative
Who's hiring in Atlantic Canada?
The Junior Software Developer will work closely with a highly skilled team to work on challenging projects and deliverables, including developing C++ software for Microsoft Windows.