- Atlantic Canada Mission to Sea Air Space 2017 -
The Atlantic Canada Aerospace & Defence Association (ACADA), in partnership with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, are collaborating to lead a Pan-Atlantic Mission to the premier maritime event, Sea Air Space Expo, April 3-5, 2017 in National Harbor, MD.
This event is built upon previous missions and efforts through ACOA, Industry and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador. As such, there are some pre-established networks and connections which can be leveraged.
Mission Registration Fees*
Company/Organization (includes reg. for 1 person)
$1,500 + HST
$600 + HST (each)
Company/Organization (includes reg. for 1 person)
$1,700 + HST
$1,000 + HST (each)
*Individuals and firms are responsible for their respective travel costs. For information about possible mission funding assistance, please refer to the below list of program supports and key contacts.
Your Registration Includes
- Show registration
- Use of the Atlantic Pavilion and related amenities (co-located in the Canadian Pavilion organized by CADSI)
- Regular mission communications/show updates
- Participation at the Atlantic networking reception/event
- One-on-one business matchmaking program
- Demonstration & sponsorship opportunities*
- Dedicated mission support via our experienced ACADA team!
Are you interested in profiling your company products and capabilities through on-site displays or demonstrations? A limited amount of space is available within the Atlantic booth for your product displays or demos.* All costs associated with the exhibitor’s demonstration space (i.e. AV rentals, furnishings, etc.) will be the responsibility of the exhibiting company.
Please contact the mission organizers for further information and to discuss your needs.. *Space permitting / first come/first serve.
Heighten your company profile by sponsoring the on-site networking reception! Please contact the organizers for further details!
The Navy League’s Sea-Air-Space Exposition was founded in 1965 as a means to bring the U.S. defense industrial base, private-sector U.S. companies and key military decision makers together for an annual innovative, educational, professional and maritime based event located in the heart of Washington, DC. Sea-Air-Space is now the largest maritime exposition in the U.S. and continues as an invaluable extension of the Navy League’s mission of maritime policy education and sea service support.
- More than 200 dynamic, innovative and sophisticated defense and maritime industry exhibits displaying the latest in technology and equipment.
- Abundant opportunities to learn about, test and see the most advanced military equipment.
- Professional development sessions featuring:
- High level discussions on important strategic policy issues
- The most up-to-the-minute developments in policy, programs and needs for the maritime services.
- Panelists from the U.S. Departments of Defense, Homeland Security and State; the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard; and the Maritime Administration.
- Daily exhibit hall floor speaker sessions featuring:
- Tactical, real-life application perspectives.
- Speakers represent each of the sea services from the program level.
- Discussions of technology, programs and products currently in use.
- Discussions of technology applications and needs for the future.
To register for this mission, please complete the online registration form on or before February 17th. Offline mission registration forms available upon request. Space is limited so please be sure to register on or before the deadline.
The official hotel for Sea Air Space is the Gaylord National. Room reservations may be made online or by calling the reservation line at +1 301 965 4000. Alternatively, you may wish to search for area hotels using a search engine such as hotels.com.
Questions regarding this mission may be directed to:
ACADA Mission Lead
Mission Funding Support
For information about possible mission funding assistance, please refer to the below list of program supports and key contacts.
Delivered by the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) of Global Affairs Canada, in partnership with the National Research Council Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP), CanExport provides financial support for a wide range of export marketing activities (up to 50% of eligible costs).
Global Affairs Canada, Emily King
Business Development Program (Marketing)
ACOA can finance up to 75% of the costs of developing and implementing a marketing plan. Eligible activities include designing new labels and packaging, promotional materials, advertising, product demonstrations, participation at trade shows and export-related activities, and the hiring of a marketing manager.
For program details or assistance with your application, contact the ACOA office near you.
Helps PEI businesses with their marketing costs from start-up through to international exporting. This assists companies as they undertake marketing research, advertising and promotion, and market investigation (up to 40% of eligible costs).
Innovation PEI, Sue LeFort
Prince Edward Island
Supports businesses looking to increase their export sales outside of Nova Scotia. The program provides financial incentives for projects that assist a business' ability to overcome barriers to export growth (up to 50% of eligible costs).
Supports the acquisition of a private sector consultant to provide professional expertise (up to 50% of eligible costs).
Nova Scotia Business Inc., Yuliya Demish
firstname.lastname@example.org | 902.424.5054
Support may be available to eligible firms. Please contact your designated ONB Business Development Executive for further information and eligibility requirements.
Opportunities New Brunswick
NL companies/individuals attending the SAS Exposition and related activities are eligible to apply for the BTCRD travel stipend.
Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, Gillian Chatman
Newfoundland and Labrador
1801 Hollis Street
Halifax, NS B3J 3N4