Opportunities NB in partnership with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and Global Affairs Canada is pleased to host the European Union Export Business Forum featuring presentations on the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) and market opportunities in the European Union.
Join experts and business leaders who will provide you with:
An in-deph summary of the opportunities available through CETA to help you become more competitive in the EU market.
Information about specific market opportunities in key industries such as Manufacturing, Food, ICT, Professional Services and others.
Market development advice and programming information from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS), Export Development Canada (EDC), Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), and Opportunities NB (ONB).
One-on-One pre-arranged meetings with EU trade experts about your company’s specific market approaches and opportunities.
1. Sanjeev Chowdhury, Director, Free Trade Agreement Promotion Task Force, Global Affairs Canada
2. Michelle Cooper, Counsellor and Head of Section for Agriculture, Fisheries and Environment, Mission of Canada to the European Union
3. Greg Houlahan, Senior Trade Commissioner, High Commission of Canada to The United Kingdom,
4. Sameena Qureshi, Senior Trade Commissioner, Embassy of Canada to The Netherlands,
5. John Roxburgh, Senior Trade Commissioner, Embassy of Canada to Ireland.
Please register by Thursday, January 25, 2018 to: Natu Maliondo Export Development Associate Opportunities NB Tel: 506-470-9253 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
European Union Export Business Forum January 30, 2018
7:45am – 8:30am: Registration and Networking. Coffee and light refreshments served,
8:30am – 9:00am: Welcome and Opening Remarks with Keynote Speaker, CEO Opportunities NB, Stephen Lund,
9:00am – 9:15am: Overview of CETA,
9:15am – 10:30am: Panel Discussion – Doing Business in the EU. Marketing Opportunities for Canadian Businesses.
10:45am – 11:30am: Trade in the Services Industry. Presentation on the role and importance of the EU Services Market and provisions under CETA including Labour Mobility.
11:30am – 12:30pm: Tools of the Trade. Presentation on programs and support accessible to New Brunswick businesses to help grow your international strategy.
12:30pm – 1:15pm: Lunch with Guest Speaker, Ambassador of the EU to Canada, Mr. Peteris Ustubs
1:15pm – 3:00pm: Export Café with one-on-one pre-arranged meetings
* The Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Strategy (ATIGS) is a collaborative, pan-Atlantic approach which aims to help Atlantic businesses begin exporting, increase their export sales, expand to new markets, and create global partnerships. The Strategy was developed jointly by the governments of Canada, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador.