The UNB Gregg Centre for the Study of War and Society, in collaboration with the Canadian Army Combat Training Centre and the Canadian Institute for Cybersecurity will be holding their Annual Conference January 31-February 1 at the UNB Wu Conference Centre.
The theme for the 2018 conference focuses on military operations in the age of modern electronic communications and information processors. Conference topics will range from the introduction of effective radios and signals intelligence during the two world wars through to the present age of mobile phones, cyber-operations, and the social-media information battlefield.
This annual conference brings together veteran Army instructors, Base Gagetown lodger units, 5 Division reservists, police, civilian practitioners, academics and students to discuss issues that matter to Canadian Army readiness and national security.
Topics this year include (but are not limited to):
- The advent of wireless voice communication
- Signals intelligence and deception
- Weapons effectiveness and targeting
- Electronic warfare
- Smart weapon technology
- Unmanned aerial vehicles
- Social-technological networks
- The smart-phone generation
- Training and simulation
- Command and control systems
- Cyber-security and warfare
- Information warfare and influence activities
- Theatre-wide battle networks
- Third offset strategy
- Technologically empowered insurgency