Back to Job Postings
StandardAero: NDT Inspector
Last Updated: Juin 22nd, 2022
Immune Specific Accountabilities
- Recognizes and understands flight/product safety critical parts and processes.
- Responsible for immediately reporting flight/product safety concerns.
- Participates in proactive risk analysis of flight/product safety critical parts and processes.
- Recognizes and understands the Just Culture policy.
- Ensures the functional and acceptable status of the non-destructive test equipment in accordance with the appropriate company process.
- Determines the acceptance of parts and components for surface condition in preparation for the non-destructive test process.
- Performs the specific non-destructive test process as identified in the shop order work instruction.
- Processes the part(s) in accordance with the appropriate company process.
- Inspects and interprets the test results.
- Marks all unacceptable discontinuities for location and dimension.
- Documents the completion and test results of non-destructive test process.
- Ensures parts are cleaned following completion of NDT process and in acceptable condition for further processing.
- Performs equipment and material maintenance checks in accordance with the appropriate company process.
- Maintains records of all maintenance performed on the non-destructive test equipment and materials.
- Liaisons with engineering, inspection, and other personnel as required to assist in researching and solving non-destructive test process problems.
- Maintains personal qualifications as stated in the appropriate company process.
- Supervises trainees in the on-the-job trainer non-destructive test training requirements.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Canadian Government Standards Board (CGSB) – Can/CGSB-48.9712 Option B, Level 2 or 3.
- Knowledgeable in and understanding of inherent and non-inherent discontinuities found in materials.
- Knowledgeable in the requirements and methods of handling materials processed at Standard Aero.
- Knowledgeable in the Workplace Health & Safety requirements.
- Ability to attain the internal non-destructive test process approval.
- Proficient in technical writing.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to sit and stand for prolonged periods.
- Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is equivalent to high school completion or equivalent to high school completion with specialized training. The person can read text of medium difficulty requiring an understanding of basic concepts. He/she may be expected to write text intended to communicate non-technical information and, display command of spelling, grammar, punctuation and basic composition. People working at this level can be required to have certain specialized skills, and be able to comprehend somewhat complicated procedures.
Directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous learning and required for someone to perform this job competently is one to three years.
Ongoing work assignments typically have clearly defined goals. The incumbent’s education, training, and previous experience ensure work assignments are successfully carried out because he/she understands what is expected, as well as the best approach to take.
When you work at StandardAero, you’re not just an employee, you’re part of a vibrant company of like-minded people, all working collaboratively towards the same goals. We succeed as a team because we value the unique contributions and perspectives of all of our people, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence. It’s a culture that promotes mutual respect and effective communications to create an environment of stability, shaping the organization and forging a successful future. Our goal is to be the best place to work, giving each and every employee the opportunity to reach their maximum potential through continuous learning and advancement opportunities, allowing all team members to exceed their potential and empower everyone’s success.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues approaching $4 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.