Back to Job Postings
StandardAero: Process Technician (Paint Shop)
Last Updated: Juin 22nd, 2022
Immune Specific Accountabilities
- Recognizes and understands flight/product safety critical parts and processes.
- Responsible for immediately reporting flight/product safety concerns.
- Participates in proactive risk analysis of flight/product safety critical parts and processes.
- Recognizes and understands the Just Culture policy.
- Selects, prepares and mixes solutions or coatings according to formulas and specifications and creates spray recipes and sequences for spraying.
- Plans, develops, writes, revises, documents, tests, implements and controls programs for robots as applicable.
- Operates blasting equipment to clean and prepare the surface of materials and components.
- Prepares and masks parts with fixtures, rubber, tape, tafa, antibond or metal masks prior to coating.
- Sets up and operates various types of manual, semi-automatic and/or robotic spray systems to apply substances to parts.
- Sets bake/cure oven controls for correct temperature and records time on process charts.
- Removes masking, cleans overspray and washes parts.
- Inspects surfaces visually for defects and compliance with specifications using micrometers, calipers, elcometers, profilometers, or related devices prior to and after applying coating.
- Cleans and maintains spray/coating equipment, fixtures and blast cabinets.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Attainment of applicable internal process stamp(s).
- Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels.
- Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
When you work at StandardAero, you’re not just an employee, you’re part of a vibrant company of like-minded people, all working collaboratively towards the same goals. We succeed as a team because we value the unique contributions and perspectives of all of our people, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence. It’s a culture that promotes mutual respect and effective communications to create an environment of stability, shaping the organization and forging a successful future. Our goal is to be the best place to work, giving each and every employee the opportunity to reach their maximum potential through continuous learning and advancement opportunities, allowing all team members to exceed their potential and empower everyone’s success.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues approaching $4 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.