Back to Job Postings
Bluedrop Training and Simulation: Program Manager, Navy & Marine
Last Updated: Nov 2nd, 2022
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Delivery and Operations, this key role within Bluedrop Training and Simulation Inc. requires a dynamic creative business leader to execute existing Marine and Naval projects as well as building the business for continued growth and scale. You will manage the team to strive for exceptional performance and business results while continuing to help improve overall operational effectiveness within the Project Management Office.
What you will be doing:
- Initiating and setting goals and objectives for portfolio according to the strategic objectives of the organization; maintaining strategic alignment between organization and programs/projects
- Prioritizing programs and projects as per organization’s strategic business objectives within portfolio
- Provide oversight and direction for the entire project lifecycle: initiation, planning, execution and closing
- Analyzing, evaluating, reporting, and managing key strategic program risks
- Coordinating, planning, and scheduling deliverables within Marine Program, with Aerospace Program counterpart, and with broader Project Management Office (PMO)
- Communicating project and program objectives, goals, and progress to executive team and stakeholders
- Using formal methodology, procedural knowledge, and budget management experience to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Managing, planning, utilizing, and scheduling resources within Marine Program, with Aerospace Program counterpart, and with broader PMO resource allocation and planning (all in conjunction with resource team managers)
- Working collaboratively with resource managers to ensure required resources are identified to execute project plans
- Providing leadership to Marine program team
- Managing performance of a team through:
- Leading resume evaluations and interviews
- Identifying strengths and areas of improvement
- Providing opportunities and support to achieve individual performance targets
- Managing the entire project/program team for exceptional performance
- Working with resource managers to address performance issues
- Developing and managing project and/or program budgets
- Accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives (i.e., meeting margin commitments for individual projects and/or programs)
- Managing overhead budgets within Marine department to meet/exceed annual chargeability targets
- Developing and maintaining strong, long-term relationships with accounts and clients
- Making sure clients receive products and services on schedule, within cost and scope, and to quality standard
- Negotiating changes and change orders when necessary
- Keeping client informed of program and project status
- Working with clients to look for adjacent or new opportunities for training development
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people within portfolio and broader PMO
- Support the sales team on all Marine proposal responses and development
- Participating in level of effort and cost estimating to support new opportunity development and closure
- Assisting in the identifying and costing of assumptions and risks/issues/opportunities
- Helping determine new processes and tools required when necessary
- Creating and updating financial models and templates
- Developing and/or reviewing proposal pricing summaries for approval by executive team
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance
What will you need to Succeed?
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working in a project or program management position
- Must be able to Government of Canada NATO Secret security clearance.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills including:
- Ability to influence others to a desired outcome through building persuasive arguments based on logic and facts, coupled with the ability to anticipate, and respond to the needs and concerns of others.
- Ability to adapt to, and work effectively within, a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups.
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple initiatives, and deadlines while keeping up with a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation, facilitation, consulting, and relationship building skills.
- Superior consultative skills with the ability to anticipate and interpret client needs and provide optimal solutions to manage client expectations.
- High business acumen with the ability to analyze data and make strong business decisions independently.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and lead a team to achieve exceptional performance.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- PMP/PgMP certification an asset.
- Experience with military projects/contracts or in the learning industry an asset.
- Experience with courseware and/or technical publications development projects an asset.
- Strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project).
What’s in it for you?
We strive to be our best, progressive thinkers to keep us growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training.
- Ability to make a difference and have a lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
- Opportunities to move into other design teams at Bluedrop.
At BTSI, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Apply on Career Beacon.