Back to Job Postings
ACADA Call for Board Members
Last Updated: Nov 20th, 2023
ACADA is looking for three (3) new directors to join its board. To further our commitment to regional representation, we are looking for one (1) director in each of the following provinces: Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, and New Brunswick.
Expectations for directors are as follows:
- Two-year term (with the option to renew for three consecutive terms)
- Quarterly board meetings with two in person and two virtual per year (hybrid options available)
- Committee participation is expected
- Must be an ACADA Industry Member (Category A) in good standing
- Estimated start date for these new directors is December 2023
About our Board:
- Per section 25 of the by-laws: The board shall consist of twelve (12) voting directors with three (3) directors coming from each of the four Atlantic Provinces. In addition, the Board of Directors will have four (4) non-voting ex-officio provincial directors, one (1) from each of the four Atlantic Provinces, and one (1) non-voting ex-officio federal director, all representing ACADA’s funding partners. The President and CEO of the Corporation will be a non-voting director, serving on an ex-officio basis.
- Per section 26 of the by-laws: Individuals eligible to be elected directors shall serve a term of two years. No individual shall serve any more than three (3) consecutive terms.
- Per section 31 of the by-laws: The Board includes the following standing committees: executive committee; finance and audit committee; policy and governance committee. The Board shall also form ad hoc committees for any purpose it deems fit to fulfill its mandate.
- To meet our current board of directors please visit https://ac-ada.ca/board-of-directors/.
ACADA believes in diversity and values the benefits that diversity can bring to its Board of Directors. The promotion of a diverse Board makes prudent business sense and makes for better corporate governance. We seek to maintain a Board comprised of talented and dedicated directors with a diverse mix of expertise, experience, skills, and backgrounds. We are striving to have the skills and backgrounds collectively represented on the Board reflect the diverse nature of the business environment in which we operate. When assessing Board composition or identifying suitable candidates for appointment to the Board, we will consider candidates on merit against objective criteria having due regard to the benefits of diversity and the needs of the Board.
We welcome interested candidates to nominate themselves or another member by submitting a resume and a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm AST on November 30, 2023.