L&A Metalworks is seeking a Shop Foreman.
- Completion of some College / CEGEP / Vocational or Technical Training;
- 3 – 5 years supervisory experience in a production environment;
- 6 – 9 years applicable trade experience (pipefitting, metal fabrication, ironwork, or welding) in an industrial, mechanical, manufacturing setting;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving skills and ability to lead and manage multiple priorities in a fast pace environment.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate work of employees on crew;
- Assign work, set expectations and accountability for completion;
- Ensure first time quality and timeliness of work is completed within budgeted parameters;
- Assign and status jobs/coordinate operational schedule;
- Adhere to labour contract and ensure compliance;
- Communicate with other supervisors to help achieve and maintain smooth work flow and a high degree of productivity;
- Foster an environment that is focused on safety and recommend process improvement initiatives;
- Comply with all company procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00-$64,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Welding/Fitting: 6 years (preferred)
- Supervisory: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location