Yarmouth International Airport – YQI
Airport type Public
Operator Yarmouth International Airport Corporation
Location Yarmouth, Nova Scotia
Elevation AMSL 141 ft. / 43 m
Coordinates 43°49′38″N 066°05′18″W
Airport Codes IATA: YQI – ICAO: CYQI
Movements 1,300 per year; no traffic congestion
Direction Length (ft.) Surface
06/24 6,000 Asphalt
15/33 5,000 Asphalt
Yarmouth International Airport
310 Forest Street
Yarmouth, Nova Scotia B5A 4A8
• Built in 1936 as a World War II as part of the British Commonwealth Air Training Program.
• The airport was converted to public/commercial use following WWII when it was transferred to Transport Canada. Facility was rebuilt 1985-86 and the main Hangar constructed in 1999.
• In 1997 the facility was transferred from Transport Canada to the Yarmouth Airport Commission Association, and since transferred to the Yarmouth Airport Corporation.
• The Yarmouth Airport and surrounding lands are 675 acres.
• Approximately 20,000 square feet of hangar space spread over 3 hangars.
• Approximately 15,000 square feet of office, training, and operational space.
• The facility is in close proximity to open ocean water.
• The facility is within minutes of access points to both highways #101 and #103.
• The airport is secure 24 hours per day, with perimeter fencing surrounding the entire complex.
• Parking stands on main apron for 3 wide body aircraft.
• 3 phase power.
• Long term parking space is available groundside.
• Capable of handling up to B737/A320
• The airport has both Avgas and Jet A-1 fuels are available.
• Hot Fueling capability.
• De-icing services are available
• Approaches; 4 GNSS, DME Rwy 06-24 and high intensity approach lighting Rwy 24.
• The airport offers 24/7 weather and airport advisory services (Yarmouth UNICOM 123.0).
• The airport offers snow clearing and 24/7 winter operations.
• Customs/Immigration available.
• Regional hospital services are available less than 6 kms away.
• There is marine infrastructure at the port, about 1.2 km from the airport.
• FBO lounge facilities under development.