The Consortium for Aerospace Research and Innovation in Canada (CARIC) is a non-profit organization that was created in 2014 with the federal government’s financial support.
- Generate and foster dialogue and collaboration between players in the aerospace industry.
- Provide financial support to launch R&D projects in partnership with these players.
Strategic, financial and administrative support encourages the industry and research community to work together to achieve excellence and compete on a global scale.
CARIC, provincial associations and member need to collaborate to give the aerospace industry a regional reputation, a strong Canada-wide presence and international market prominence.
CARIC has chosen to focus its governance, growth and funded projects on the following six values.
- Collaboration - Collaboration drives the research projects funded by CARIC — industry and research community collaboration, provincial association collaboration, intersectoral and transdisciplinary collaboration, SMB and industrial group collaboration, sometimes even international collaboration.
- Innovation - CARIC is an organization acts as a catalyst of innovation — its members strive to push boundaries and shape the future of aerospace research, development and technology adaptation.
- Creativity - Creativity is vital to innovation. CARIC’s synergistic approach galvanizes this creativity to overcome industry-specific technical challenges and develop advanced, market-oriented solutions.
- Credibility - The Canadian aerospace industry has an excellent international reputation as a leader. And CARIC brings together — through its board, committees and membership — experts from the sector and research community and a diversity of industry players that associate their credibility with CARIC.
- Agility - Tuned to the needs of a rapidly evolving industry, CARIC must be agile, both regulatory and technologically, when it comes to its procedures, methods and decisions.
- Result-oriented - CARIC is a results-driven organization with an avowed mission to make tangible contributions to the aerospace industry.