A trained machinist, Woodford (Woodie) Craig founded Craig Manufacturing in 1946 along with the encouragement and aid of his father, Washington. Operating as a service station and machine repair shop, it was not long before Woodie put his training to work and began fabricating with metal. No project was too big or too small - at one-point Craig even built a river ferry. Snow plows and wings on trucks, graders, and loaders eventually became the focus that led to attachment manufacturing.
John, Woodie’s only son, joined the family business 30 years later in 1976. The business continued to thrive and the product line expanded with the markets. When a disastrous fire destroyed the entire business in 2005, John used the opportunity to build a larger facility designed with the most efficient equipment and lean manufacturing processes in mind.
Ben, John’s only son, joined the business in 2006 adding his energy and training. A new branch was opened in Cambridge, Ontario in 2008 to better serve Central Canada and U.S.A. In 2013 a branch in Red Deer, Alberta was opened to better serve our customers in Western Canada and U.S.A. This branch is later relocated in 2018 to a brand new facility in Blackfalds, Alberta.
Always striving to improve, Craig Manufacturing endeavoured to expand the Hartland facility in 2015. Completed in 2016, the expansion has allowed for increased production capacity as well as increasing manufacturing capability to handle weldments up to 30 tons.
Over 70 years later, 4 generations, and with 3 branches across Canada, Craig Manufacturing still maintains focus on remaining a trusted, quality supplier of heavy equipment attachments who understands and values its customers.