Atlantic Canada’s aerospace and defence industry is a dynamic cluster of 350+ companies, ranging from niche start-ups to Tier-1 suppliers to the sector. The industry has recently united the provincial associations to form the Atlantic Canada Aerospace and Defence Association (ACADA), representing the aerospace, defence, and security sub-sectors. ACADA is looking for a Provincial Director to serve this dynamic sector in Prince Edward Island as the on-the-ground leader. The Provincial Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer of ACADA, and is responsible for day to day operations in the province, including:
- Successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Chief Executive Officer, Provincial Council, the Board & Executive Committee.
- Directly supporting the Chief Executive Officer through coordination and collaboration within their respective province in areas such as business development, advocacy, stakeholder engagement, training and membership growth and retention.
- Collaborating with the Provincial Council in developing activity and service delivery priorities, reflecting the provincial needs, for inclusion in ACADA’s overall delivery.
- Providing leadership within ACADA, acting as the primary representative with government stakeholders (municipal/provincial/federal), agencies, research and development institutions and industry groups in their province.
- Developing and recommending sector strategies based on their provincial make-up for delivery through ACADA.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with federal, provincial and local authorities, regulatory agencies and key policy makers as it relates to provincial industrial opportunities/concerns.
- Providing direct support in economic and business development advice and services, information and guidance and counselling to entrepreneurs, governments, organizations and not-for-profits.
- Serving as the lead, on–the-ground ACADA employee seeking out new members to join the association and for working in close partnership with the Communications and Membership Manager for their province.
- Leading and acting the champion for an ACADA strategic priority area on behalf of the Atlantic membership.
- Ensuring efficient and effective approaches to ACADA’s overall delivery and strategic approach within their respective province.
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of management experience in an industry association or with an aerospace and defence company. He or she will have a strong base of contacts among industry and government stakeholders serving the aerospace and defence sector in Atlantic Canada. This work experience will ideally be complemented by a university or college degree in business or a related discipline.
The Provincial Director in Prince Edward Island will work out of the ACADA office in Charlottetown and will also support region-wide initiatives.
Closing date: Friday, August 4th at 16:00.