Provincial Directors: Lead the Aerospace and Defence Sector in Atlantic Canada
Atlantic Canada’s aerospace and defence industry is a dynamic cluster of 250 plus companies, ranging from niche start-ups to Tier-1 suppliers to the sector. The industry has recently united the provincial associations to form the Atlantic Canada Aerospace and Defence Association (ACADA), representing the aerospace, defence, and security sub-sectors. ACADA is looking for a Provincial Director to serve this dynamic sector in Nova Scotia as the on-the-ground leader. The Provincial Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer of ACADA, and is responsible for day to day operations in the province, including:
- Successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Chief Executive Officer, Provincial Council, the Board & Executive Committee.
- Directly supporting the Chief Executive Officer through coordination and collaboration within their respective province in areas such as business development, advocacy, stakeholder engagement, training and membership growth and retention.
- Collaborating with the Provincial Council in developing activity and service delivery priorities, reflecting the provincial needs, for inclusion in ACADA’s overall delivery.
- Providing leadership within ACADA, acting as the primary representative with government stakeholders (municipal/provincial/federal), agencies, research and development institutions and industry groups in their province.
- Developing and recommending sector strategies based on their provincial make-up for delivery through ACADA.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with federal, provincial and local authorities, regulatory agencies and key policy makers as it relates to provincial industrial opportunities/concerns.
- Providing direct support in economic and business development advice and services, information and guidance and counselling to entrepreneurs, governments, organizations and not-for-profits.
- Serving as the lead, on–the-ground ACADA employee seeking out new members to join the association and for working in close partnership with the Communications and Membership Manager for their province.
- Leading and acting as the champion for an ACADA strategic priority areas on behalf of the Atlantic membership.
- Ensuring efficient and effective approaches to ACADA’s overall delivery and strategic approach within their respective province.
The ideal candidate will have five to seven years of management experience in an industry association or with an aerospace and defence company. He or she will have a strong base of contacts among industry and government stakeholders serving the aerospace and defence sector in Atlantic Canada. This work experience will ideally be complemented by a university or college degree in business or a related discipline.
The Provincial Director in Nova Scotia will work out of the ACADA Head Office in Halifax and will also support region-wide initiatives.
Closing date: Friday, September 15th at 5:00 p.m. Send applications to email@example.com