Atlantic Canada’s aerospace and defence industry is a dynamic cluster of 250 plus companies, ranging from niche start-ups to Tier-1 suppliers to the sector. The industry united the provincial associations to form the Atlantic Canada Aerospace and Defence Association (ACADA), representing the aerospace, defence, and security sub-sectors in the region. ACADA is looking for a Finance and Administration Manager to help ensure the effective, efficient and financially accountable administration of the organization.
The Finance and Administration Manager reports to the Chief Executive Officer of ACADA, and supports both Provincial Directors and other ACADA staff with finance and administrative support functions, including:
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO
- Produce financial statements monthly, quarterly and annually
- Monitor cash flow and forecasting
- Perform monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
- Prepare and submit claims to funding partners in an efficient and timely manner
- Prepare year-end financials for audit and liaise with the auditors prior to sign-off.
- Perform quarterly GST/HST filings
- Perform all accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, including employee payroll, inputting and paying purchase invoices, and ensuring the timely receipt of sales invoice payments
- Participate in the Finance and Audit committee with CEO, Board members and other industry members.
- Collect reporting metrics and prepare quarterly and annual reports for funding partners
- Assist the CEO in preparing for Board of Directors’ meetings and taking minutes at meetings
- Directly supporting the CEO on meeting coordination, travel, association policies and by-laws, regulations and tendering, etc.
- Tracking and monitoring of the Affinity Partnership Program
- Provide support to the Marketing and Events Manager for event logistics support and execution
- Supervision of summer student
- Records management
- Coordinating and managing calendars
- Ensure the smooth operation of the organization by providing excellent administrative support
- Other Duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Diploma or degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, bookkeeping or similar
- 3 - 5 years of experience in financial management, in particular in forecasting, budgeting and bookkeeping
- Knowledge and extensive experience with Sage 50 and Microsoft Excel is essential for this position
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization, including experience filing claims to funding partners is considered an asset
- Excellent multi-tasker with a varied skill set
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
The ideal candidate will have three to five years of experience providing financial and administrative support to an industry association or a small business. The candidate will be well-versed in the latest accounting and bookkeeping software (Sage) and is experienced with the latest online banking tools including payroll and remittances. In addition, he/she will have experience working with government funding programs. It is likely that the candidate will have achieved some level of accounting/bookkeeping designation through a college level program.
The Finance and Administration Manager will work out of the ACADA Head Office in Halifax and will also support region-wide initiatives. Some travel is required. Office hours are general 0900-1700 hrs daily.
To apply, please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com by 9:00a.m. Monday, February 5th, 2018.