In today’s environment digital communications is more important than ever and, as such, the Atlantic Canada Aerospace & Defence Association (ACADA) is seeking a dynamic, creative and self-driven individual to lead our marketing, communications and event management efforts.
In this role the MCE Manager will own, develop, and implement a content strategy to create further brand awareness of our Organization and the value of working with our Members. You will be responsible for content for social & digital campaigns, as well as supporting and coordinating regular communications such as newsletters, dashboards, membership campaigns, and other reports pertinent to our members and stakeholders. Clear, focused and timely communications will emphasize the value and benefits that our Members provide to Aerospace and Defence Companies looking to bring work to Atlantic Canada.
Established in 2017, ACADA is a not-for-profit industry association representing 160+ companies and organizations across the Atlantic region with a mandate to promote and support the development of Atlantic Canadian aerospace, defence and security sectors, domestically and internationally. ACADA represents companies both large and small but with a particular focus on the SME (Small and Medium Enterprise) segment which represents over 80% of the organization’s membership base. ACADA has offices (and staff) in each of the four Atlantic provinces and is governed by a Board of Directors.
Marketing & Communications:
- Manage all corporate social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook).
- Create marketing campaigns to promote the organization, brand and related programs/services, the industry as a whole, and its members and related capabilities.
- Manage and update the ACADA website.
- Design and develop creative communication and marketing products (i.e. capability guide, 1-pagers, newsletters, event and social media campaigns, membership campaigns, dashboards, etc.).
- Assist in hiring, training and supervising of interns/co-op students.
- Assist in the development of funding proposals, reporting and other document writing.
- Support media relation activities (tasks may include drafting news releases, blog content development, identification and selection of media channels, etc.).
- Support marketing and communications efforts related to ACADA’s strategic pillar committees (as required).
Event Planning & Management:
- Support the planning, management and execution of ACADA annual conferences, industry events, training sessions, trade missions, etc. for both in-person and virtual events.
- Tasks include;
o Creating event marketing/promotional materials
o Promoting the events, managing registrations, and conducting feedback surveys
o Liaising with speakers, sponsors, exhibitors and participants
o Providing ongoing communications and troubleshooting support to event participants
o Coordinating and managing trade show exhibit logistics
o Providing on-site and remote assistance support
o Sourcing and managing vendors (i.e., graphic design, translation services, exhibit builders, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Diploma or degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or similar.
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing, communications, and event management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong social media skills.
- Experience using various platforms such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, Hootsuite, Eventbrite, etc.
- Multi-tasker with a varied skill set.
- Creative and self-starter attitude.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment.
- Experience in the aerospace, defence and security sector (desired but not essential).
- Experience with website management and graphic design (desired but not essential).
- Bilingualism, French (desired but not essential).
This is a full-time position that will reside in the ACADA head office in the Halifax downtown core. Once travel restrictions ease, some travel (provincial, regional, national and/or international) will be required for this position.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and covering letter (including salary expectations) to Linden Mattie, Manager Operations & Finance, via email to email@example.com. This posting closes on Friday, March 12, 2021.
Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.