The NATO Communications and Information (NCI) Agency is happy to announce the winners of the third annual Defence Innovation Challenge!
The top finishers are invited to showcase their tech solutions at this year's NCI Agency Conference and AFCEA TechNet International (NITEC18) - 'NATO's Digital Endeavour: Expanding the Ecosystem', which will take place on 22-24 May in Berlin, Germany.
SensorUp Inc. - Canada - IoT:Secure federation of IoT devices
ID Quantique - UK - IoT: Secure federation of IoT devices
Dogtown Media - USA - Mobile Apps for defence users
Kognitiv Spark - Canada - Mobile Apps for defence users
Rasdaman GmbH - Germany - Data science: application of open source analytic tools
Eomax Corp. - Canada - IoT: Secure federation of IoT devices
Defence Innovation Greenhouse & InnoVet Europe - Netherlands - Mobile Apps for government organisations
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and Babcock International - Italy - Data science: application of open source analytic tools
Troika Solutions - USA - Data visualisation
CybExer Technologies - Estonia - Data visualisation
The challenge was aimed at accelerating transformational, state-of-the-art technology solutions from small businesses and academia in support of NATO C4ISR and cyber capabilities.
It was open to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and academic institutions operating at the cutting edge of technology from all 29 NATO Nations. This year, the challenge focused on digital innovation, with the NCI Agency accepting submissions in the following areas:
- Mobile apps for defence users;
- Mobile apps for government organizations;
- Data science: models for natural language processing and translation; speech to text;
- Data science: application of open source analytic tools;
- Data visualization;
- Internet of Things (IoT): autonomous sensors for the battlefield;
- IoT: secure federation of IoT devices.
"We are seeking to broaden engagement with innovative technology drivers as NATO undergoes its largest technological modernization in decades," said NCI Agency General Manager Kevin J. Scheid.
The top ten finishers will receive:
- One full registration waiver;
- Showcase space at NITEC18;
- Participation in the award ceremony with NATO leadership;
- Presentation slot during the plenary session;
- Inclusion in the NITEC18 report;
- Inclusion in the industry innovation report in the Communicator magazine;
- Bilateral meeting with an NCI Agency expert;
- Mentoring session with one of the SME mentors.