Mechanical engineers are responsible for researching, designing and developing machinery and systems for generation, transportation, processing and manufacturing which span a wide range of aerospace and defense applications. They improve a range of technologies, including robots, engines, heat transfer systems and controls for aircraft and spacecraft.
Newfoundland & Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick
Professional Engineer Certification
What you do
A Mechanical Engineer performs some or all of the following duties:
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems
- Design machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment
- Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures
- Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems at construction sites or in industrial facilities
- Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates
What you need
- Keen interest in the design and operation of machines and mechanical processes
- Persistence, good judgement, and the ability to think analytically and logically
- Ability to communicate and work well with others
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ample computer experience
Who's hiring in Atlantic Canada?
Your Career Pathway
Post-Secondary Educational Programs
Certification attests that the holder has met provincial requirements for the occupation. Certification is required to practice this occupation.