Is your trade secret really ‘secret’?
Whether you are a start-up, scaleup or industry leader, protecting the right innovations is critical. With the use of trade secrets becoming common, a lack of overview on jurisdictional differences, contractual considerations and sectoral landscapes – such as digital technologies, food ingredient manufacturing and marine renewables – can lead to pitfalls.
Join us for a 60 minute webinar featuring Barry Sookman, one of Canada’s foremost authorities in technology, intellectual property, and privacy. Using real case studies and examples, we will explore:
• Demystifying trade secrets to effectively weave them into your IP strategy
• When it makes sense to utilize trade secret protection and why
• Considerations for growing SMEs in the IP landscape
• Why there are growing calls for a trade secret statute for Canadian businesses
• Overcoming common myths and obstacles around protecting corporate intelligence and setting yourself up for success
– Barry Sookman, Senior Counsel, McCarthy Tétrault LLP