Back to Events
WEST is the premier Sea Services event focused on operations in the Asia-Pacific region. The conference is a showcase of emerging systems, platforms, technologies and networks that will impact all areas of current and future Sea Service operations. Senior military and government (or Department of Defense) officials will discuss the challenges they face and how industry can help address them.
- WEST is uniquely timed to take place immediately after the defense budget roll out.
- Participate in a town hall discussion with leaders of the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard.
- WEST is THE PLACE for the makers of platforms and the designers of technologies to discuss and demonstrate their solutions in a single locale. Industry leaders network and learn about military requirements–not just the what, but the why–and connect with decision makers as well as operators in a professional environment away from the office and Beltway.
- WEST has an operational focus and takes place in a very large concentration of operational Navy and Marine personnel.
- Strategy and Budget focus has shifted to the Pacific, and WEST is the largest and most prestigious maritime conference on the West Coast.
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) is organizing a business program for Canadian companies who can demonstrate their potential to succeed in this market and industry. Business-to-business (B2B) meetings can be arranged for up to 15 companies.
For information, please contact Karen Sleiman, [email protected], Consul and Trade Commissioner (Defence & Security).
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Participate in networking events
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
The Trade Commissioner, Karen Sleiman, [email protected], from the Consulate of Canada in San Diego, can provide information on this and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.